Friday, August 1, 2008

good news bad news good news bad news

In 24 hours I have sat with a friend in the midst of a miscarriage, heard that my brother’s wife is dilating and effacing (though not delivering), and discovered that good neighbor-friends have become pregnant after years and years of trying. I’m sad and happy and thrilled and worried and running in several directions emotionally.

I also got an email this morning, that set all kinds of alarm bells ringing, from a friend I haven’t spoken to in ages. She thanked me profusely for my email recommending that she check out a networking site I like. It was the nicest thing anyone had done for her in a long time. Whaaat?!?

Now I’m worried about this friend in her still-newish marriage, grieving for another, anxious for my brother, and ecstatic for my neighbors. But enough about me. Stay posted for further newsbreaks.

No comments: